Yo Austin, won't you share some of your excellent musical taste with us.? v( ' u ')v
asked by sw33tbuns
Of course, homie. ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
Here are some albums and singles I’ve been digging lately:
- The North Borders by Bonobo (atmospheric, downtempo electronic)
- Let’s Get Free by Dead Prez (Vegan, Panafrican Nationalists rapping about white male patriarchy. Fucking Rad)
- Things That Happen at Day / Things That Happen at Night EP’s by Milo (Abstract, introspective hip-hop)
- Several Shades of Why by J Mascis (Acoustic, abstract tracks that are so delightfully J Mascis-esque)
- Harvest by Neil Young (Classic Neil Young. An essential album regardless of your genre preferences, imo)
- Paint it Golden by Lydia (Indie Pop, really just sappy lovey dovey lyrics that I love)
- Red Hands by The Dear Hunter (this track is just really thematic and cool, not a huge fan of their albums but this track rules and their vocalist/guitarist/pianist Casey is just swell)
- Cat Fantastic by This Town Needs Guns (just a really catchy song with some really inventive lyrics and guitar riffs that I’m enamored with)
Those are pretty much the big ones right now!
It’s cool to have someone who makes getting up in the morning not seem so daunting.
It’s even cooler when that person helps you find other shit worth getting up for, too.
Several Shades of Why by J Mascis